FITSCUT is a standalone program, written in C, and licensed under the GPL that was developed to create color images on-the-fly for the Advanced Camera for Surveys Science Data Archive WWW interface.
FITSCUT has many powerful features, including:
* image resizing and zooming
* image alignment using WCS
* intensity auto-scaling using a histogram
* automatically generating a WCS compass
* intensity scaling using: asinh, histogram equalization, log, square root
* creating output in FITS, JPEG, or PNG format
I will describe the design and demonstrate its use. I will also explain how it can be used to create a powerful science archive using only Free Software tools.
Back to publication list
ACS home page